In addition to drafting a preliminary project proposal for Mboole School water supply and treatment system, we’ve done quite a few other things.
- Participated in meetings and site visits by IFOH and Lusaka based local partner Freestar Foundation with travel from Livingstone to Choma and the Mboole project area.
- Met with Headmaster of Mboole Primary School to discuss water supply from two low-yield boreholes of 50 and 75 m depth that are inadequate for the school of 1,100 students and local population of 900 in nearby villages who rely on this water.
- Toured nearby reservoir located 400 m from the school as the proposed supply source that is currently drawn on by local residents although contaminated and requiring treatment.
- Addressed students and community members at reservoir site describing possible treatment and distribution scheme.
- Visited nearby raised bed/drip irrigation project in need of improved access to water to expand use of these methods.